Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A new day


This morning welcomed me with bright skies. How I wish I felt as bright as it is outside. I have been a wreck since Friday, just knowing that my class had not even started and I was already behind on my reading. Four books sat in my dining room but I had never heard of reading your text before class began. And when did instructors start posting a syllabus on line? Oh, how times have changed!

This is my third day of class and I have run out of steam. Monday, I imagine I looked like a deer caught in headlights, probably in shock. Tuesday, was a break down day, I cried more times than I ever have in a day. Today, I seem to be just going through the motions, oblivious to most things around me. I haven’t been sleeping or eating properly. My head aches and my stomach has been upset since Monday, likely stress related. Yes, there are only two more days of class but then how am I ever going to get all the papers finished?

I have to work next week. There is so much to do at Cornerstone: order curriculum and furniture, review job applications, interview for open positions, register families for the fall, work on the budget and I am sure many other tasks that I cannot think of now. The following two weeks I will be home with my parents, at the lake, without internet, just soaking up the beauty of God’s creation. Overwhelming dread sets in when I think of my assignments.

I know that God is with me and I am so thankful for such a loving and supportive husband but I can’t seem to get past me. I am causing this panic and fear that I can’t seem to break away from.  I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phil 4:13HCSB Over and over I must keep reminding myself that He is greater than I am!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment