Tuesday, June 11, 2013

In the beginning


A few years ago I began thinking about going back to school for a Master’s degree. Hours and hours were spent on the computer looking at schools and the programs that they offered. There were a few that I found very interesting but was not sure about continuing my education on line. Being in a class room and interacting with an instructor would be much more enjoyable.

Slowly, this idea slipped further to the back of my mind as we moved and I began a new job. I took a few CEU courses with colleagues and was content with my professional path. This past summer we made our final military move. Shortly thereafter, I applied for a Director job at a church preschool. For a few reasons, the church decided it was not the right time to hire. I felt God’s calling to the school and said I would volunteer my time. A second four year old class was added to the program and a I began the year with a great class. A couple teachers went to the ODACS conference in the fall and I talked to a VBC rep about a Masters. She was very excited to tell me about a new Masters in Christian Ed that would be beginning soon. My thoughts once again returned to continuing my education.

Jumping ahead a few months, the church decided again to hire for a Director. This time I was blessed with knowing the job was there for me. I became the Assistant Director in January and earlier this month was given the Director position. With this new responsibility I felt that it was definitely time to return to class to further my education so I in turn may better lead the teachers at the school.

My first few days as a student at VBC have been extremely stressful. I probably chose the hardest class Research and Writing. I am not a writer and I know very little about research.

God has blessed me with a wonderful job and the school ministry is expanding to include first and second grade next year. I am prayerfully hoping to make it through this educational experience to better myself as an Administrator so I can be of service to Him in this great ministry He has set before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment